Thursday, May 8, 2008

I found the Buddha on the internet

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky"--random quote from the Buddha that I found on the internet. It brought a smile to my face when I read it. Oh, here's another good one: “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” I love it. I think partly because the Buddha was all about not believing anything or accepting anything at face value; instead he advocated investigation, common sense, and really seeing for oneself the truth of anything. Maybe this is all the more interesting to me because I'm reading Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion and piecing together how insane people can be when they forfeit reason and common sense for blind, unquestioning faith and belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment